May 27, 2011

Will never be 22 again.. sigh!


I think 22 is a very important year in you life... it an age of a delicate balance between the innocence of your youth and the maturity of your adulthood. You are more aware of what you like and yet are open to exploring new things to add to that list. You would have just finished your graduation and looking to work or study further. It is the next big step you take after your post 12th std very stressful career decision. But this time things are a little more clear and specific. You are more likely to do what you like than what your parents what you to do. You are also in a better position to convince your parents that what you envision for your future is in fact better or has more scope than what they want (some smart kids ha.. :) )


It is also a time when love takes a new meaning. Your choices for the future puts your past relationships to reality check. If your relationship passes through this then you know that 90% its going to be with you for life.


But whats sad is that when you are 22 you dont realise its potential to influence the rest of your life and create beautiful memories. Its the one age where you can afford to take informed risks and still have enough time to get back on track (just in case)


I wish someone had shaken me up and said, ' Divya... you'll never be 22 again! ' (well some claim they did.. but I didnt listen :P )


If I could go back in time to '22'....
I would have dreamt bigger and not waited for God to give me big things and then realise that, ' yeah i can get there'
I would have travelled more...
I would have worked to getting over my fear of water (its very difficult to learn to swim now :( )
I would have... ok now beyond this I cant put up on the blog :)...

No comments:

Post a Comment